Manage episode 348338602 series 1919279
It is becoming increasingly clear that money and our mental health are directly tied together. The stress of not having money can cause anxiety, increase tiredness, and make us physically sick, more irritable, and short-tempered. So, it is critical that we make sure we're staying on top of our finances, seeking help as needed, and accepting our imperfections.
In this episode, I will share three tips that can improve your mental health when it comes to money and finances to help you throughout this financially stressful time. Listen in to make sure you have the tools and tricks you need to minimize the stress you’re carrying in relation to finances in your life.
"When you don’t know the facts, your situation can feel overwhelming. So get down to the facts of your financial situation.” - Tracey Bissett
This Week on Young Money:
- How mental health can be impacted by finances.
- Several statistics around people’s current mental health in regard to finances.
- How to avoid feeling overwhelmed about your finances.
- The benefit of asking for help when it comes to your finances.
- How to make a plan for your finances.
- Calculate your net worth.
- Review your budget.
- Negotiate lower rates.
- Get your financial facts.
- Don’t go it alone.
- Make a plan.
- Have grace with yourself.
- EP044 Dangers of Payday Loans
- EP056 Back to Basics – The 5Cs of Credit
- EP057 Bankruptcy and Consumer Proposals what does it mean with Doug Hoyes
- EP149 Adulting 101: How to Deal with Overwhelming Debt Levels with Taz Rajan, Bromwich + Smith
- EP184 Credit Canada Debt Solutions with Keith Emery
- EP216 How to Deal with Debt Overload with Linda Stern, Crowe Soberman
- EP224 Get the Hell Out of Debt with Erin Skye Kelly
- EP227 Money Like You Mean It with Erica Alini
- EP229 Rich Girl, Broke Girl with Kelley Keehn
- EP238 Get Your Mindset and Money Right with Zandile Chiwanza
- EP262 Taking Control of Our Money with Kelley Keehn
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast - the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!