Manage episode 302333619 series 2861338
Archive Episode: Growing up in a dysfunctional family or experiencing a dysfunctional childhood can have a lasting emotional impact on your adult life - we explain how and share practical steps for recovery.
Learn more about our online consultations, events and shop: https://www.wuweiwisdom.com
In this episode your hosts, husband and wife team, David James Lees (ordained Taoist monk, emotional and spiritual health teacher and therapist) and Alexandra Lees (wellbeing coach and feng shui consultant) discuss:
- How a dysfunctional family life or emotionally unstable parents impact us as children.
- The warning signs that childhood ‘emotional survival strategies’ are still running your life.
- How and why you may still be copying OR rebelling against your parents – even when you know it is wrong!
- Why do you keep reliving painful or traumatic childhood experiences and how to finally let go and move on.
Other related episodes on our YouTube channel that will help you:
- Childhood Trauma Healing - How to Release Your Inner Child’s Emotional Baggage
- Repressed Memories Therapy - Let Go Of Childhood Trauma
- Inner Child Work For Healing Injustice and Unfairness
- The Childhood Vow - The Impact of Emotional Neglect In Childhood
- Abandonment Issues and Inner Child Healing Work
- The Inner Child Explained: How to Love Guide & Heal Your Inner Child
Join our free Wu Wei Wisdom Community Facebook support group
Book an online Golden Thread Process & Inner Child Consultation with David
Book an online Feng Shui Consultation with Alex
Follow us on Instagram: @wuweiwisdom
Sign up here to receive a relaxing guided meditation gift, plus our weekly newsletter + offers via email
Disclaimer: This podcast and any associated teaching and comments shared are not a substitute for professional therapy, mental health care, crisis support, medical advice, doctor diagnosis, or professional healthcare treatment. Our show episodes provide general information for educational purposes only and are offered as suggestions for you and your professional therapist or healthcare advisor to consider and research.
Music by Earth Tree Healing