Manage episode 363324456 series 2985805
Rupal Patel is a senior economist at the Bank of England and co-author of the best-selling pop-economics book Can’t We Just Print More Money, the Bank of England’s first book in its over 325 year history. Today, Rupal advises governors at the Bank of England on their policy decisions and is passionate about improving economic literacy amongst young women.
Rupal makes sure there is no stupid question left unanswered, from what actually is money, why aren’t Freddos 10p anymore to why shouldn't I hoard all my money under the mattress? Rupal is on a mission to make economics more accessible, giving us a fully comprehensive crash course.
- how Rupal became Senior Economist at the Bank of England
- how are the governors of the Bank of England appointed?
- why should we know about economics?
- what actually is money?
- why shouldn’t I hoard my money under the mattress?
- does my money actually exist in the bank?
- what stops a bank losing all its money?
- what you need to know about cryptocurrency
- why should we care we could go into a recession?
- how should I prepare for a recession?
- what jobs are at risk in a recession?
- why do we need to grow our economy?
- why can’t we just print more money?
- how do we have a cost of living crisis?
- what is cryptocurrency?
- why does my house fluctuate in price?
- what resources can I use to be in the know about the economy?
- how do you get a pay rise?
- what is a mortgage?
- what are interest rates and how do they affect us?
- what is the stock market?
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.