Manage episode 378292591 series 3502026
Are you a sensitive person?
Do you seem to “catch” the feelings of others and take them into yourself, feeling them as though they are yours?
Then this is the episode for you my friend. Talking about what it is like to live life as an empath. A life absorbing the emotions and physical sensations of others like a human sponge. If you’ve ever hidden in the toilet at a party just to find some solace, or felt an emotional hangover just from being with people, then you may be part of the 1 - 2% of our population who are empaths. Navigating the world as an empath can be challenging, but it is also a superpower, and one that this world needs.
“Your gift, your ability to sense things is the healing balm this world needs!”
5 things you can do to take care of your beautiful, empathic self:
- Set boundaries, both personally and energetically
- Avoid watching violent, horrific or traumatic things like the news, movies and television shows that could trigger you
- Limit your exposure to negative, selfish, sarcastic, critical or narcissistic people and energy sucking vampires
- Get out into nature regularly, to help soothe your jangled nervous system
- Journal - Make space to process your inner world
“The Empath’s Survival Guide” - Life Strategies for Sensitive People by Judith Orloff, MD.
Need more Help:
If you think you might be an empath and would like to understand yourself better, or would love to be able to protect yourself personally and energetically, I encourage you to reach out to a coach or a counsellor who specialises in working with highly sensitive people. They are often empaths themselves, so there’s nothing to fear, they are the sweetest souls you could meet. It is such a gift to be deeply understood.