Manage episode 323374914 series 3262562
Josh Hotsenpiller is one of those people you wish you’d known your entire life. And when you meet him, you’ll feel like you did. You see, Josh, devotes a big chunk of his time to building community and he does it with a goal to have a positive impact for all.
He’s done it in as an entrepreneur, leader, and pastor. He’s founder & CEO of JUNO, a rapidly scaling online events platform that delivers connection, education, and engagement. He founded Wisdom Capture which helps organizations share the collective insights of experience across geography and time. He founded Profits 4 Purpose to help companies and their employees support their most passionate causes with charitable giving. He founded Crowd Hub which helps organizations and brands build ongoing connection and engagement with their most important audiences. His companies have served clients ranging from Apple, Google, and Unilever to the United Nations.
In this episode of What I Wish I Knew with Mike Irwin and Simon Daw, Josh shares principles and lessons he collected along the way that have fueled the growth of his teams, companies, and even his own sense of happiness.
- “People get stuck in their competency…there is a way out and it involves being confident in your ability to solve problems, not in having all the answers.”
- “Give yourself the freedom to be the one to not solve the problem. Give yourself the community to solve it.”
- “If your identity is wrapped up in your job, you’re destined for an unhappy life.”
- “You are the greatest variable to your success.”
- “Nobody speaks to you more than you do.”
- “If you can get you under control then there are no limits to what you can accomplish.”
- “Solve your story…not your problem…go find your own way of doing it.”
- “Don’t meet people in their crazy.”
What I Wish I Knew with Mike Irwin & Simon Daw...
Life and career rarely go to plan. Breakthroughs happen on the ragged edge when things aren't quite going as expected. What I Wish I Knew podcast hosts Mike Irwin and Simon Daw explore lessons learned by leading athletes, creators, entrepreneurs, leaders, and difference makers. They all have three things in common: none are perfect, all are humble, and they've learned a few things along the way. In What I Wish I Knew, they share their lessons with you. http://www.whatiwishiknewshow.com
Please like, share, and subscribe to What I Wish I Knew on Anchor, Apple, Google, Spotify, and wherever you find your favorite podcasts.
Get in touch with Josh Hotsenpiller: https://www.junolive.com/