Manage episode 303942626 series 2794608
Can food be addicting? After we tackle that dicey topic, we return to our chat with journalist Abby Ellin, this time covering food restriction, disordered teen eating, “fat camp,” interpersonal deception and trust. With all these meaty topics, you’re sure to step lively!
LET’S TALK THE WALK!
- Wellness While Walking Facebook page
- Wellness While Walking on Instagram
- Wellness While Walking on Twitter
- Wellness While Walking website for show notes and other information
- Coach Carolyn on Clubhouse: @stepstowellness
RESOURCES AND SOURCES (some links may be affiliate links)
ABBY ELLIN, JOURNALIST
- Duped: Double Lives, False Identities, and the Con Man I Almost Married, Abby Ellin
- Teenage Waistland: A Former Fat Kid Weighs In on Living Large, Losing Weight, and How Parents Can (and Can’t) Help, Abby Ellin
- I Was Powerless Over Diet Coke, nyt.com
- Abby Ellin website
- Abby Ellin’s podcast, Impostors Season 2: The Commander
OTHER RESOURCES – FOOD ADDICTION AND FEEDING KIDS
- Hooked: Food, Free Will, and How the Food Giants Exploit Our Addictions, Michael Moss
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Familiy: How to Eat, How to Raise Good Eaters, How to Cook, Ellyn Satter
- New Brain Imaging Study Provides Support For Notion of Food Addiction, sciencedaily.com
- Evidence For Sugar Addiction: Behavioral and Neurochemical Effects of Intermittent, Excessive Sugar Intake, sciencedirect.com
- The Real Reason Diet Coke Cravings Are So Powerful, mashed.com
- Artificial Sweeteners: Sugar-Free But at What Cost? health.harvard.edu
- Taco Bell, Trehalose, and the Trend of Transparency, foodbusinessnews.net
- Intense Sweetness Surpasses Cocaine Reward, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Five Reasons the Diet Soda Myth Won’t Die, nyt.com
- What is Food Addiction, psychologyofeating.com
- Quitzilla app
HOW TO SHARE WELLNESS WHILE WALKING
- Wellness While Walking on Apple
- Wellness While Walking on Spotify
- Link for any podcast app: pod.link/walking
- Wellness While Walking website
- Or screenshot a favorite episode playing on your phone and share to social media!
- Thanks for sharing! : )
Neither I nor most of my podcast guests are doctors or healthcare professionals of any kind, and nothing on this podcast or associated content should be considered medical advice. The information provided by Wellness While Walking Podcast and associated material, by Whole Life Workshop and by Bermuda Road Wellness LLC is for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and before undertaking a new health care regimen, including walking.
Thanks for listening to Wellness While Walking, a walking podcast.