Manage episode 297969091 series 2794608
We catch up on walking and movement-related articles and studies, so if you’re a walker, there’s more ammunition in your pocket about how it’s a great habit to cultivate! And then we sing the praises of a particular aspect of nature after Carolyn’s neighbor takes a different path!
LET’S TALK THE WALK!
- Wellness While Walking Facebook page
- Wellness While Walking on Instagram
- Wellness While Walking on Twitter
- Wellness While Walking website for show notes and other information
- Coach Carolyn on Clubhouse: @stepstowellness
RESOURCES AND SOURCES (some links may be affiliate links)
WALKING, IN THE NEWS
- Spend Time Outdoors for Your Brain: An In-Depth Longitudinal MRI Study, tandfonline.com
- Secret Side Effects of Walking Before Breakfast, Says Science, eaththis.com
- White Matter Plasticity in Healthy Older Adults: The Effects of Aerobic Exercise, journals.elsevier.com/neuroimage
- Why I Stopped Running During the Pandemic and How I Started Again, nyt.com
- How Walking Can Build Up the Brain, nyt.com
- Why A Tree is the Friend We Need Right Now, Wsj.com
- Fellow Walker and Tree-Lover, Dana’s Instagram
- The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World, Peter Wohlleben
Neither I nor most of my podcast guests are doctors or healthcare professionals of any kind, and nothing on this podcast or associated content should be considered medical advice. The information provided by Wellness While Walking Podcast and associated material, by Whole Life Workshop and by Bermuda Road Wellness LLC is for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and before undertaking a new health care regimen, including walking.
Thanks for listening to Wellness While Walking,
a walking podcast.