Manage episode 290464002 series 2794608
Julie Michelson and I wrap up our conversation about autoimmunity and chronic illness, and though these conditions can be so debilitating, there’s much we can do to feel better – just ask Dr. Terry Wahls! And then we meet a British walker, and get to revel in her pragmatic enthusiasm!
If you want to fill out the Wellness While Walking survey as designed by Carolyn's daughter, Charlotte, please go here!
LET’S TALK THE WALK!
- Wellness While Walking Facebook page
- Wellness While Walking on Instagram
- Wellness While Walking on Twitter
- Wellness While Walking website for show notes and other information
- Coach Carolyn on Clubhouse: @stepstowellness
- A private Facebook group
- Another, separate site
- Occasional Zoom calls
- Regular Zoom calls
- Other ideas!
- Special Request: Weigh in on where you’d like to see a Wellness While Walking community, if at all! Thanks to those who replied!
RESOURCES AND SOURCES (some links may be affiliate links)
Julie Michelson, Nationally Board Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach
- Link to Julie’s FREE 5 Day Mini-Challenge, her Take Back Your Power Method, which will give participants tools to reclaim their power and begin healing – CLICK HERE
- Julie Michelson Coaching on Facebook
- Julie Michelson on Instagram
- Julie Michelson’s Website
More About Autoimmunity
- Terry Walhs’ 2011 TED Talk, Minding Your Mitochondria (iodine balance must occur; don’t take excess iodine without talking to your health care provider)
- List of Autoimmune Diseases
- Autoimmune Disease: Why Is My Immune System Attacking Itself? hopkinsmedicine.org
- The Autoimmune Solution, Amy Myers, MD
- The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body, Sarah Ballantyne.
- The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook, Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt
- The Autoimmune Fix, Tom O’Bryan, MD
- Diseases and Conditions: What's the Deal with Autoimmune Diseases, health.harvard.edu (only medication mentioned as treatment
Talking with Walker Caroline from the UK
- Follow Caroline on Instagram
Clubhouse: The New App and Platform
- Clubhouse is currently open with an invitation and on an iOS device
- Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in an invitation!
Neither I nor most of my podcast guests are doctors or healthcare professionals of any kind, and nothing on this podcast or associated content should be considered medical advice. The information provided by Wellness While Walking Podcast and associated material, by Whole Life Workshop and by Bermuda Road Wellness LLC is for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and before undertaking a new health care regimen, including walking.
Thanks for listening to Wellness While Walking,
a walking podcast.