Manage episode 305629749 series 2895519
How many steps are associated with a longer, healthier life? 7,000? 10,000? More? Fewer? Do we know the answer? And what about when your healthy behaviors leave you tired? What could be behind THAT unfortunate dynamic? Let's chat!!
LET’S TALK THE WALK!
- Wellness While Walking Facebook page
- Wellness While Walking on Instagram
- Wellness While Walking on Twitter
- Wellness While Walking website for show notes and other information
- Coach Carolyn on Clubhouse: @stepstowellness
RESOURCES AND SOURCES (some links may be affiliate links)
7,000 STEPS A DAY FOR A LONGER LIFE, STUDY SAYS
- Ep 26, Wellness While Walking: 10,000 Steps: Myth or Mandate?
- The Big Number: 7,000 Steps Could Help You Reach a Longer, Life Study Says, washingtonpost.com
- How Many Steps A Day Should You Take? Study Finds 7,000 Can Go a Long Way, nbcnews.com
- Steps per Day and All-Cause Mortality in Middle-aged Adults in the Coronoary Artery Risk Developmet in Young Adults Study, jamanetwork.com (the actual study we're talking about!)
- What Are the Next Steps for Developing a National Steps Guideline? jamanetwork.com
- Validity of Activity Monitor Step Detection is Related to Movement Patterns, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gove
HEALTH HABITS MAKING YOU TIRED?
How To Share Wellness While Walking
- Wellness While Walking on Apple
- Wellness While Walking on Spotify
- Link for any podcast app: pod.link/walking
- Wellness While Walking website
- Or screenshot a favorite episode playing on your phone and share to social media!
Thanks for sharing! : )
Neither I nor most of my podcast guests are doctors or healthcare professionals of any kind, and nothing on this podcast or associated content should be considered medical advice. The information provided by Wellness While Walking Podcast and associated material, by Whole Life Workshop and by Bermuda Road Wellness LLC is for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and before undertaking a new health care regimen, including walking.
Thanks for listening to Wellness While Walking, a walking podcast.