Manage episode 302321578 series 2895519
Trying to change up a bad habit? As quitting Diet Coke™ hits the headlines, we run through several tips and tricks to help us lose a habit that’s not serving us! These tools are some of the finest in this health coach’s arsenal, so listen to the very end today so you can pivot toward your healthier life and take the first steps right away, even if your vice is something other than diet soft drinks!
LET’S TALK THE WALK!
- Wellness While Walking Facebook page
- Wellness While Walking on Instagram
- Wellness While Walking on Twitter
- Wellness While Walking website for show notes and other information
- Coach Carolyn on Clubhouse: @stepstowellness
RESOURCES AND SOURCES (some links may be affiliate links)
Kicking A Bad Habit/Reducing Reliance on an Addiction
- Wellness While Walking Ep. 39: My Coffee Journey: Flavored, Decaf, Rituals + a Wrong Turn
- Wellness While Walking Ep. 53: Goals Deep Dive: SMART, Big Hairy Audacious + Otherwise
- I Was Powerless Over Diet Coke, nyt.com
- Abby Ellin's website
- Replica of a Dr Pepper Clock – 10, 2 and 4
- New Brain Imaging Study Provides Support For Notion of Food Addiction, sciencedaily.com
- Evidence For Sugar Addiction: Behavioral and Neurochemical Effects of Intermittent, Excessive Sugar Intake, sciencedirect.com
- The Real Reason Diet Coke Cravings Are So Powerful, mashed.com
- Artificial Sweeteners: Sugar-Free But at What Cost?, health.harvard.edu
- Taco Bell, Trehalose, and the Trend of Transparency, foodbusinessnews.net
- Five Reasons the Diet Soda Myth Won’t Die, nyt.com
- SMART Criteria, Wikipedia.org
- WOOP Website
How To Share Wellness While Walking
- Wellness While Walking on Apple
- Wellness While Walking on Spotify
- General Link – should work anywhere! Pod.link/walking
- Screen shot an episode while it's playing on your phone and share the photo with your friends on social media
- Refer people to the website – they can listen there!
- Thanks for sharing! : )
Neither I nor most of my podcast guests are doctors or healthcare professionals of any kind, and nothing on this podcast or associated content should be considered medical advice. The information provided by Wellness While Walking Podcast and associated material, by Whole Life Workshop and by Bermuda Road Wellness LLC is for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and before undertaking a new health care regimen, including walking.
Thanks for listening to Wellness While Walking,
a walking podcast.