Manage episode 339153879 series 1394353
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- 01:20 - Why inflation will be moderate in the coming years.
- 08:44 - Why deflation is more likely than hyperinflation.
- 16:46 - Whether velocity of money is important for inflation.
- 25:22 - Whether a negative budget balance leads to inflation.
- 33:38 - How do you include inflation expectations in your retirement portfolio.
- 47:42 - What the optimal inflation or deflationary target is.
- 55:42 - What would a deflationary world look like?
- 1:00:09 - Whether we are entering a period of a "Fed call".
- 1:05:55 - What the 2Y treasury is telling us.
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Stig's first part interview with Cullen Roche about Inflation Masterclass.
- Cullen Roche's website, The Discipline Funds.
- Cullen Roche's website, Pragmatic Capitalism.
- Tweet directly to Cullen Roche.
- Email Cullen at email@example.com.
- Cullen Roche's YouTube channel.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Trade specifically based on your view of concrete events with Kalshi.
- Enforce strong passwords and make it easy for your teams to securely share credentials with Keeper Security. Sign up for a Keeper free trial for your organization today, and get a free 3-year personal plan.
- Take the next step in your working-life or get ready for a change, by being a Snooze franchise partner.
- Confidently take control of your online world without worrying about viruses, phishing attacks, ransomware, hacking attempts, and other cybercrimes with Avast One.
- Build a plan that helps you strengthen your financial security with RBC Wealth Management. RBC capital markets LLC, member NYSE, FINRA, SIPC.
- Send, spend, and receive money around the world easily with Wise.
- Invest in high quality, cash flowing real estate without all of the hassle with Passive Investing.
- Make backing up and accessing your data astonishingly easy with Backblaze.
- Make summer dinners stress-free with Freshly. Get $125 off your first five orders today!
- Get up to 3% Daily Cash back on everything you buy with Apple Card. Apply now in the Wallet app on iPhone and start using it right away. Subject to credit approval. Daily cash is available via an Apple Cash card or as a statement credit. See Apple Card customer agreement for terms and conditions. Apple Cash card is issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Variable APRs range from 13.24% to 24.24% based on creditworthiness. Rates as of August 1, 2022.
- Help empower girls to break free through education, healthcare, child protection, and other wonderful benefits by being a World Vision child sponsor today.
- Experience a simple way for you to set up a bitcoin IRA while keeping control of your bitcoin keys with Unchained Capital. Schedule a complimentary consultation today.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!