Manage episode 377164245 series 1394353
In this episode, William Green speaks with Chris Bloomstran, President & Chief Investment Officer of Semper Augustus. This conversation has been divided into two episodes. Here, in Part 2, Chris discusses what we can learn from studying Berkshire Hathaway & Warren Buffett; weighs the risks of Berkshire’s huge Apple stake; discusses Berkshire’s valuation; & explains why the stock should beat the S&P 500. He also talks about avoiding charlatans and living with integrity.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
02:38 - Why Chris Bloomstran says it’s so valuable to study Berkshire Hathaway.
05:04 - How Warren Buffett thinks about intelligent asset allocation.
06:59 - How share buybacks are mishandled by many companies.
11:30 - How he values Berkshire, & why it should outperform the S&P 500.
20:40 - Why most investors shouldn’t pick stocks for themselves.
29:16 - How Chris manages his time.
40:28 - How he’s risen above a painfully difficult childhood.
43:42 - Why the key to investing success is a fierce work ethic.
44:57 - What his football coaches taught him about integrity & kindness.
54:10 - How Chris uses social media to criticize what he calls “charlatan promotion.”
58:41 - What he thinks of Berkshire’s huge stake in Apple.
1:08:15 - What a legendary golfer taught him about how to live.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Stig, Clay, and the other community members.
- Chris Bloomstran’s firm Semper Augustus Investments Group
- Chris Bloomstran’s 2022 Letter to Clients: “Crazy Train”
- William Green’s book, “Richer, Wiser, Happier” – read the reviews of this book
- Listen to Stig Brodersen’s April 2023 interview with Chris Bloomstran, or watch the video.
- Follow Chris Bloomstran on X (AKA Twitter)
- Follow William Green on X (AKA Twitter)
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: