Manage episode 374702849 series 1394353
In this episode, William Green speaks with Michael Berg, a great scholar & author who draws on the ancient wisdom of Kabbalah to explore how we can build lives that are truly richer, wiser, & happier. Here, Michael discusses how to extract more pleasure from whatever wealth you have; why sharing your money & time builds a greater sense of abundance; how to support your kids without sapping their desire to succeed; why deferred gratification is a superpower in business & life; how to handle challenges & adversity; & why the real key to happiness is appreciation.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
17:01 - Why Michael Berg sees no conflict between a spiritual life & material success.
20:17 - How our own actions open or close the “channels of abundance.”
22:38 - Why Sir John Templeton called tithing “the single best investment.”
32:44 - Why Charlie Munger reveres Maimonides, a 12th-century sage & doctor.
39:39 - How to extract more pleasure from whatever wealth we have.
48:37 - Why it’s helpful to recognize that we don’t truly own anything.
55:29 - How appreciation helps Howard Marks to stay humble & be happy.
59:00 - Why many rich people are surprisingly unhappy.
1:15:51 - How to build joyful abundance by sharing your time & money.
1:23:15 - How to help your kids without disempowering them.
1:26:14 - Why delayed gratification is essential in business, investing, & life.
1:35:45 - How Michael handles challenges & reframes adversity.
1:41:38 - Why his father, Rav Berg, taught that “consciousness is everything.”
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Stig, Clay, and the other community members.
- The Zohar translated by Michael Berg in 23 volumes
- Secrets of the Zohar & Becoming Like God by Michael Berg
- And You Shall Choose Life by Rav Yehuda Ashlag
- The Thought of Creation by Rav Yehuda Ashlag
- Nano: Technology of Mind Over Matter by Rav Berg
- The Kabbalah Centre website
- Spiritually Hungry podcast with Michael & Monica Berg
- William Green’s book, “Richer, Wiser, Happier” – read the reviews of this book
- William Green’s Twitter
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: