Manage episode 333953914 series 1394353
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- 00:02:04 - How Guy Spier deals with the many competing demands on his time and energy.
- 00:03:07 - Why it’s vital to have clarity about your life mission and to structure your life around it.
- 00:09:00 - Why it’s helpful to write your own obituary or funeral speech.
- 00:09:59 - What strategies help Guy to focus better and handle the challenge of having ADHD.
- 00:11:53 - How to construct an environment that enables you to think calmly and deeply.
- 00:26:22 - How Guy structures his reading and why he routinely sends notes to his “future self.”
- 00:30:43 - Why he owns a minuscule quantity of about 100 stocks.
- 00:32:28 - Why he believes the real key to learning is to nurture relationships with the right people.
- 00:37:04 - What guiding principles help him to decide how to manage his time.
- 00:40:06 - Why he reads great novels and studies mathematics, instead of living a narrower life.
- 00:45:48 - What you should optimize for in life. Hint: it’s not money.
- 00:54:47 - What advice Guy has on how to compound goodwill.
- 01:03:07 - Why the best path to success and happiness is to focus heavily on lifting up other people.
- 01:15:36 - What he learned from Jordan Peterson about the unexpected power of telling the truth.
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Related Episode: Part 1 of William Green's interview with Guy Spier - How to Build Enduring Wealth - RWH009.
- Stig and Preston interview Guy Spier about his book, “The Education of a Value Investor.”
- Stig and Preston interview Guy Spier about his $650,100 lunch with Warren Buffett.
- Guy Spier’s book, “The Education of a Value Investor" – Read reviews of the book.
- Subscribe to Guy Spier’s free newsletter.
- Guy Spier’s podcast and website.
- Guy Spier interviews William Green about his book, “Richer, Wiser, Happier.”
- William Green’s book, “Richer, Wiser, Happier” – read the reviews of this book.
- William Green’s Twitter.
- Our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Check out our favorite Apps and Services.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Find Pros & Fair Pricing for Any Home Project for Free with Angi.
- Help protect your family’s financial future with TD Term Life Insurance.
- Invest in high quality, cash flowing real estate without all of the hassle with Passive Investing.
- Take the next step in your working-life or get ready for a change, by being a Snooze franchise partner. To learn more, head to Snooze.com.au and scroll down the page for “franchising”.
- Try out Rhoback’s performance polos, q-zips, or hoodies and bring a new meaning to the word comfortable. Use the code STUDY and get 20% off your first order.
- Confidently take control of your online world without worrying about viruses, phishing attacks, ransomware, hacking attempts, and other cybercrimes with Avast One.
- Personalize your plans in improving your metabolism, reducing stress, improving sleep, and omptimizing your health with InsideTracker. Use discount code TIP to get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store.
- Get the most from your bitcoin while holding your own keys with Unchained Capital. Begin the concierge onboarding process on their site. At the checkout, get $50 off with the promo code FUNDAMENTALS.
- Reclaim your health and arm your immune system with convenient, daily nutrition. Athletic Greens is going to give you a FREE 1 year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5 FREE travel packs with your first purchase.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!