Manage episode 367881527 series 1394353
Preston Pysh brings Brandon Quittem to the show to talk about his deep interest in biology and nature, and how the Bitcoin network is evolving in harmonious ways with nature.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:34 - Who is Brandon and his background in Fungi?
01:34 - Fungi 101 and how they work with plants in the forest.
01:34 - Mycelium and it's complex network under the soil.
16:18 - How Bitcoin mimics Biology.
18:39 - Proof of Work and how Fungi decompose organic matter.
23:08 - Network Intelligence in Biology and economics.
23:08 - Antifragility in Bitcoin and Biology.
23:08 - Immune systems and Bitcoin.
57:43 - Social Scalability in Forests & Nature Vs Bitcoin.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Stig, Clay, and the other community members.
- Brandon Quittem's Twitter.
- Brandon's articles on Bitcoin and Biology.
- Paul Stamets TED Talk.
- Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: