Manage episode 365383822 series 1394353
Preston Pysh talks to Bitcoin layer two Lightning expert Jesse Shrader on the show about all the fascinating stuff they have going on with their Amboss website. Amboss is a website that analyzes all the Bitcoin full nodes and immediately settling channels that are open between the nodes on the network.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:43 - How did Jesse get into Layer 2 Lightning Bitcoin?
03:07 - How Jesse's background in class action lawsuits against big banks impacted the way he views Bitcoin.
05:10 - How Jesse and his founder initially designed Amboss.
05:10 - What were they trying to optimize for when they built Amboss?
05:10 - What was Lightning like in the early days when opening channels?
11:59 - How has the business plan changed for Amboss?
14:43 - Is inbound liquidity an issue for Lighting adoption?
24:37 - Comparison between the legacy financial system and Lightning.
30:44 - What is Magma's liquidity market?
32:55 - How could Bitcoin even have a "risk free" rate?
34:19 - What is the LINER (Lightning Network Rate)?
34:19 - How could the LINER impact risk free rates?
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Stig, Clay, and the other community members.
- Jesse Shrader's Twitter.
- The Amboss Website.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: