BTC122: The US Treasury May Need Private Stable Coins w/ Matthew Pines (Bitcoin Podcast)
Manage episode 358598339 series 1394353
Preston Pysh sits down with global macro and security intelligence thinker, Matthew Pines to talk about China and its deeply manipulated market conditions, Japan being a major choke point for international interest rates, central bank digital currencies, and many more interesting ideas.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:19 - How Matthew Pines became familiar with Bitcoin.
03:26 - Was the balance of payments between net producers and net consumers a reason why we have so many global issues?
07:29 - How often do companies Matthew consults with, bring up Bitcoin?
11:59 - What is the impact China is going to have from a geopolitical standpoint?
22:43 - How does Japan's interest rates underpin the rates around the world?
34:44 - How geopolitical decision are extremely complex and not made with just a monetary lens.
36:32 - What caused the dollar to change course in November?
49:10 - Why the US Treasury and FED may need private stable coin issuers instead of CBDCs.
01:00:54 - What is Matthew's take on the BIS and their proclamations against Bitcoin?
01:10:44 - How do we address Elected Officials to affect change?
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Matthew Pines on Twitter.
- BPI Bitcoin Lobbying.
- KSG Consulting.
- Matthew's Book: Expectation Value.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Have peace of mind knowing River holds Bitcoin in multi-sig cold storage with 100% full reserves.
- Easily diversify beyond stocks and bonds, and build wealth through streamlined CRE investing with EquityMultiple.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- Have Commonwealth Private's Private Bankers take the time to understand your goals and tailor solutions that create less for you to do and more for you to enjoy.
- What does happen when money and big feelings mix? Tune in to find out on the new podcast, Open Money, presented by Servus Credit Union.
- Get the professional support you need to prepare for your future career with UBC Sauder School of Business.
- Make connections, gain knowledge, and uplift your governance CV by becoming a member of the AICD today.
- Get yourself a Blockstream Jade -- An all-in-one, bitcoin-only hardware wallet that makes protecting your bitcoin so easy. Use the coupon code Fundamentals to get 10% off.
- Set, track, and manage your financial goals as your life evolves with Scotia Smart Investor.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.