Manage episode 316733229 series 2836060
So how can one travel the globe, enjoy the world sceneries and be with his family 24/7 while still continuing to build his portfolio?
Well, our guest today, James Evans will let us in on the secret on how to accomplish all these!
James Evans is the Owner of Gladstone Capital with 6 years of real estate investing experience with a portfolio consisting of 20 rentals, condo conversions, limited partnerships, and creative joint venture deals.
- Get to know how James started with his real estate career
- Listen as James tells us his first investment property story
- How James builds his portfolio
- How James acquired confidence after his first deal
- Biggest takeaways from James’ deals and real estate experiences
- Making sure you get your “return of headache”
- Talking about the 4-hour work week
- Traveling the world while in a company - What James had to do to make this a possibility and a reality
- Negotiating with your boss
- Negotiating a deal
Connect with James
About Our Guest:
- Current Real Estate business (Gladstone Capital)
- Built a portfolio of 20 rental units in Boston / Southern NH
- Completed / active in joint venture condo development deals (3 unit condo conversion, 8 unit ground-up build)
- LP in condo conversion and multifamily deals across the US
- Completed several flips / BRRR / live-in flips while working full time
- Co-founded Boston Real Estate Guild meetup (200+ members)
I started in real estate by sleeping on a friend’s couch for a year to save up for a downpayment. I bought my first condo in the emerging Boston neighborhood in 2012. Spun that into a 20 unit portfolio using my own money.
Negotiated a 60% working capacity in my current job. Most people either invest as a side business or go full time, this is a bit of a unique hybrid model. I kept my full benefits and have a great balance of predictable salary and w2 income with time to focus on real estate.
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please click here to leave a review for The We Build Great Apartment Communities. Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast app to get notified when a new episode comes out!
Do you know someone who might enjoy this episode? Share this episode to inspire and empower!
Connect with John Brackett and We Build Great Apartment Communities
- Instagram @webuildgreatcommunities
- Facebook @buildingreatcommunities
- LinkedIn @brackettjohn
- Website www.fidelitybps.com
Subscribe to The We Build Great Apartment Communities
Fidelity Business Partners, Inc.
6965 El Camino Real Suite 105-190
Carlsbad, CA 92009