Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on December 01, 2022 06:48 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 240258905 series 1043982
It's been a minute! Thanks for your patience as I've slogged through life. In this episode I spoke with Samuel Ace about his book Our Weather Our Sea.
Samuel Ace is a trans/genderqueer poet and sound artist. He is the author of several books, most recently Our Weather Our Sea (Black Radish 2019), the newly re-issued Meet Me There: Normal Sex and Home in three days. Don’t wash., (Belladonna* Germinal Texts 2019), and Stealth with poet Maureen Seaton. He is the recipient of the Astraea Lesbian Writer Award and the Firecracker Alternative Book Award in Poetry, as well as a two-time finalist for both the Lambda Literary Award and the National Poetry Series. Recent work can be found in Poetry, PEN America, Best American Experimental Poetry, Vinyl, and many other journals and anthologies. He currently teaches poetry and creative writing at Mount Holyoke College in western Massachusetts.
Books, poets, artists, etc mentioned in this episode:
- Ari Banias
- Oliver Baez Bendorf
- TC Tolbert's "Dear Melissa"
- j/j hastain
- Julie Carr's Real Life: An Installation
- Ronaldo Wilson's Lucy 72
- Douglas Kearney's Mess and Mess and
- M. NourbeSe Philip's ZONG!
- Ching-In Chen's recombinant
- Sawako Nakayasu's Mouth Eats Color
- Harmony Holiday a reading from 2015
- LaTasha N. Nevada Diggs's Twerk
- Caroline Bergvall's sound installations
- Cecilia Vicuña's New and Selected Poems Saborami (Chainlinks)
- Tracie Morris two poems
- Andrea Abi-Karam's EXTRATRANSMISSION
- Orlando White LETTERRS
- Maureen Seaton
- Rickey Laurentiis
- Philip B. Williams
- Ocean Vuong
- Farid Matuk
- Kaveh Akbar
- Angel Dominguez's D E S G R A C I A D O
- Ariana Reines's A Sand Book
- Trace Peterson's Since I Moved In
- Go listen to my interview with Roy over at the Marxist Poetry Podcast
The Sound of Waves Breaking: Samuel Ace's "These Nights" Editor and Social Media Manager: Mitchel Davidovitz