Manage episode 170386371 series 1043982
It was such a gift to speak with emerging-talent Aristilde Kirby for this month's episode! Aristilde Kirby is a twenty-five year old lesbian trans-woman poet and songsmith originally from Bronx, NY, but now resides from Carrollton, GA. She is a UGA Master Gardener. She is working on a chapbook entitled [bitácora total bust] and an EP entitled [LA POESÍA DEL CANTE JONDO], which will be out sometime in future recent history, hopefully.
Authors, artists, and books mentioned in this episode:
- Aris's twitter account
- Mei-Mei Berssenbrugge
- Jamie Berrout's translation of Esdras Parra's Este suelo secreto/ To Be Human Once More
- Frederico Garcia Lorca's Poema del cante jondo
- Trans Women Writer's Collective website
- Kay Gabriel's "Untranslating Gender in Trish Salah's Lyric Sexology Vol. 1"
- The name of the woman whose name escaped Aris's mind was we were talking about Aris's recent publication was Ralayzia Taylor. You can donate to her YouCaring for her to help cover medical expenses, food, and secure housing.
- Vetch Journal
- Nina Chaubal has been released! You can still help her cover lawyer fees!
- Peachy Parade / ?????????
- Allen Thomas Void Scrolls I
- Frida Palacios
- No Name's Telefone
- Mitski's Puberty 2