Manage episode 303360210 series 2151305
Welcome to the new and improved Self Improvement Book Club!
Featuring my mate Olivia Jacobs (yes we have the same surname but are not related that we know of) where we pick a self-improvement book and critique it.
The first cab off the rank is The Secret. Spoiler alert - it’s garbage.
In this episode, we talk about
- How poorly written this book is
- The mystery of why it got so much attention (like Oprah level attention)
- How we’ve read the book and still have no idea what The Secret is
- The gross whitewashed ‘experts’ in the book
- The damage the book could cause with its false claims of ‘manifesting’ misery
If you have any self-improvement books you’d like us to critique let us know!
If you want to chat more about this episode you can join the Facebook group.
You can also follow me on Instagram but I'm generally only there on Wednesday - @veryexcellenthabits
Stay safe, get vaccinated!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. 30 Second Intro (00:00:00)
2. Main (00:00:30)
3. 30 Second Outro (00:03:00)