Manage episode 298966822 series 2545880
What is the role of a couples therapist in deciding whether a couple stays together or separates? In this episode, Sade Kammen shares their experience trying to navigate the impact of racism in their relationship, only to be met with unusual and unhelpful therapeutic interventions. Plus, we familiarize ourselves with the wonderfully curious idea of empirically-supported bullshit.
Thank you for listening. To support the show and receive access to regular bonus episodes, check out the Very Bad Therapy Patreon community.
Introduction: 0:00 – 6:28
Part One: 6:28 – 53:31
Part Two: 53:31 – 1:06:31
- Donate to NAACP
- Sade Kammen: TikTok | Instagram | Intergenerational Podcast
- This Place Is Full of It: Towards an Organizational Bullshit Perception Scale
- Package pricing comes with risks for therapists
- Microaggressions: Strong Claims, Inadequate Evidence
- Microaggressions: Clarification, Evidence, and Impact
- Microaggressions and “Evidence”: Empirical or Experiential Reality?