Manage episode 289762415 series 2545880
Kenneth R. Rosen is an author and journalist with firsthand experience in what is colloquially called the Troubled Teen Industry. This industry – a dubious version of wilderness therapy – often includes coercion, legal kidnapping, and manipulation. Kenneth joins us to talk about these harmful practices and his new book, Troubled: The Failed Promise of America’s Behavioral Treatment Programs.
Thank you for listening. To support the show and receive access to regular bonus episodes, check out the Very Bad Therapy Patreon community.
Introduction: 0:00 – 14:10
Part One: 14:10 – 1:06:05
Part Two: 1:06:05 – 1:14:31
(Ben Fineman - Registered Associate MFT #119754 - Supervised by Curt Widhalm, LMFT #47333)
- Donate to the Rory Peck Trust
- Kenneth R. Rosen’s Website
- Troubled: The Failed Promise of America’s Behavioral Treatment Programs
- Psychological Science Accelerator
- The replication crisis devastated psychology. This group is looking to rebuild it.
- To which world regions does the valence– dominance model of social perception apply?
- Is it couple therapy, couple’s therapy, or couples therapy?