(#10) VB Map podcast: The success of World of Tanks, future of e-commerce, strategies for launching a gaming studio: A conversation with entrepreneur, marketer and investor Mario Baumann
Manage episode 334349973 series 2859769
Mario Baumann is an entrepreneur, marketer and investor. He has had a front row seat on how the gaming industry has exploded in the last 15 years, working for the iconic World of Tanks game as the first overseas employee. He has a deep expertise in licensing deals for the gaming industry, ecommerce, entertainment, FinTech and Adtech.
Over the last few years, Mario has focused on more venture building advisory, entrepreneurs, boutique M&A and investment deals, and helping startups expand from Europe to Latam and Asia.
In this episode Slash CEO Andries De Vos and Mario Baumann discuss:
- Mario’s experience as the 1st overseas hire of 'World of Tanks’, the company’s global success and how innovations happen in the gaming industry
- How play-to-earn might impact the gaming industry and the importance of engaging the community in gaming industry
- Growth-as-a-service for a VB studio
- Venture opportunities in the emerging Sustainability and eCommerce industry in Asia
- How M&A process for smaller deals in Asia could be fixed