Miracle healing - does it happen today? Craig Keener, Peter May & Joshua Brown (Plus Alanzo Paul on Reboot)
Manage episode 353694203 series 2360079
Can a skeptical doctor be persuaded that there is medical evidence for modern day healing?
Craig Keener, author of 'Miracles Today', returns to the show to debate one of his fiercest critics Peter May, a retired medical doctor who says he has never encountered a compelling case of miracle healing after decades of investigation. Craig is joined by Joshua Brown of the Global Medical Research Institute who defends two cases of healing - of a digestive tract and restored vision - which he says pass Peter May's criterion for miracles.
Justin also hears from Alanzo Paul on the upcoming 'Reboot' event from OCCA.
For Joshua Brown: https://www.globalmri.org/
For Craig Keener: https://craigkeener.com/
For Peter May: https://www.skeptic.org.uk/2022/07/miracles-today-a-medical-critique-of-craig-keeners-miracle-claims/
Papers referenced by Peter May:
• “Miracles Today?” A Medical Critique of Craig Keener’s miracle claims. The Skeptic, Reason with Compassion. (on line) 8th July 2022
• “Miracles in Medicine” Science and Christian Belief 2017, Volume 29, No 2, pp 121-134
• “Response to my Critics” Science & Christian Belief 2019, Vol 31, No 1, pp 70 - 77
• “Beatification of Cardinal Henry Newman” Medico-Legal Journal, 2017, Vol 85 (4)
• Faith and Thought (the Victoria Institute), October 2009, pp11-25,
• Claimed Contemporary Miracles, Medico-Legal Journal, Volume 71, Part 4, 2003
• The Faith Healing Claims of Morris Cerullo, Free Enquiry, 1993/94
• Subscribe to the Unbelievable? podcast: https://pod.link/267142101
• More shows, free eBook & newsletter: https://premierunbelievable.com
• For live events: http://www.unbelievable.live
• For online learning: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/training
• Support us in the USA: http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Support us in the rest of the world: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/donate