Manage episode 363511710 series 2914307
Get to know the Unapologetically Asian fam - Cylina, Robin, Nicole, Anthony & Tiana, as we talk all about growing up Asian in Australia, our fam/our own immigration stories and the impact of Asian representation in media. In this chat, we discuss:
- Who is the most tragic?
- Where we really came from?
- Our different immigration stories & childhoods
- Fave cartoon characters
- Why representation matters
- Authenticity on screen
- White Male Asian Female relationships
- Asian female fetishziation and Asian male emasculation
- Weight of Asian representation
- How to show up proud of Asian background in workplace
- How to make friends as adult
- Changing appearance to fit in
- Cultural bits to pass onto our future kids
- & so much more....
Important Resources: Lifelife: 13 11 14 https://www.beyondblue.org.au/ https://www.thecut.com/2022/03/what-white-men-say-in-our-absence.html Thank you to our amazing sponsors - you can support them/us below: 🍨 Scoopy Milk Bar: Use code UA15 during checkout for 15% off their menu! 🍨 🥟 The Dumpling Company: Use code UADUMP for 1x pack of FREE Traditional Xiao Long Baos (30 pcs) 🥟 🧋 Bubble Tea Club: Use code UAPOD5 at checkout for 5% off their site! 🧋 🎙️Hosted by: Tiana Nguyen UA Fam: Cylina Tran, Robin Yang, Anthony Chi, Nicole Odviar If you'd like to continue the convo, we'd love to hear from you. Slide into our dms on instagram: @unapologeticallyazn Follow us for more video content on TikTok Find more UA: https://linktr.ee/unapologeticallyazn Much love, ♥︎ UA ✌︎ ✨Music✨ Joakim Karud - Say Goodnight Lakey Inspired - Chill Day Joakim Karud - Fresh Start
--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/unapologeticallyasian/message