55. Men Have Feelings Too ft. Mayank Sohani & Sunny Bahuguna of Bottled Up Podcast
Manage episode 321501473 series 2914307
Today, we're going to put the MEN in mental health 🤝
We're joined by the legends from Bottled Up - a podcast that aims to create conversations around men’s mental health and wellbeing! Tune in as Mayank Sohani & Sunny Bahugana bring the bants, knowledge and incredible insights to the table. We unpack the gendered and cultural nuances that underpin the conversations around mental health and learn about how we all can play a role in distigmitising it.
Buckle up everyone, you're in for a fun ride!
E P I S O D E O U T L I N E
- Bottled Up's Origin Story
- Mental Health from a male's perspective
- Language being used as a toolkit for communicating about Mental Health
- Gender based stereotypes in Mental Health
- Toxic masculinity and Asian cultural overlays
- Mental Health conversations growing up
- Intergenerational trauma and Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Opening up to our parents??
T I M E S T A M P S
00:38 Intro to Bottled Up
01:16 Welcome Mayank & Sunny and discussion begins
✨FOLLOW BOTTLED UP✨
✨MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES✨
- Government support during COVID-19
- Lifeline Australia: 24 Hour Crisis Line - 131 114
- Beyond Blue: Hotline - 1800 512 348
- 24/7 Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Asian Australian Mental Health Practitioner List by Shapes & Sounds
Thank you so much to our amazing sponsors!
🍨 Scoopy Milk Bar: You can use code UA15 during checkout for 15% off their menu! 🍨
🧋 Bubble Tea Club: Use code UAPOD5 at checkout for 5% off their site! 🧋
If you'd like to continue the conversation, please message us. We'd love to hear from you, feel free to slide into our dms on instagram: @unapologeticallyazn or check out our website www.unapologeticallyasian.com.au
Much love, ♥︎ Thuy and Tiana (UA ✌︎)
✨Music by the talented Joakim Karud✨
•Spotify--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/unapologeticallyasian/message