Manage episode 284435671 series 1106906
Dr. Robinson is on a mission to ensure that all students and educational practitioners receive the best experience in educational technology that will ensure immediate and future success in the real world. He believes in forming long-lasting partnerships with school districts and educational professionals in order to meet all students’ individual needs and the continuous promotion of differentiated learning.
Proximity Learning is an online education service company serving over 150 school districts and instructing over 50,000 students annually. They’ve been in the virtual learning space for 10 plus years, and their leadership team is made up of former teachers, principals, superintendents, etc. who see this as an opportunity to really make a difference in the education space as a whole.
- Virtual Teachers fill the gap when we have teacher shortages.
- LMS and virtual video conferencing software to make the magic happen.
- Facilitator in the classroom when that is needed.
- If you don’t need a full time teacher to teach a respective course, you can just select that one course.
- Best practices for remote learning. Asynchronous student is on their own.
- Synchronous the teacher is still with those kids.
- Connectivity is really important.
- What skills do teachers need to work in virtual environments?
- Each school district needs a remote learning action plan.
- During parent teacher conferences teachers and parents can still interact virtually.
- Students have their own ways of communicating in the online environment.
- What does the future of school look like?
- We do have a teacher shortage, so we are going to have to do more with less, or make education more enticing to teachers.
- When you have LMS and Virtual software to connect with kids.
- Maybe we don’t have all the brick and mortar buildings that we currently have.
- how to be a transformative principal? Open your mind, don’t think that everything has to be in a brick and mortar environment. Embrace synchronous virtual instruction.
- If they don’t have a strong math teacher, they don’t have equity.
Innovative school leaders across the country have started tracking online student participation using TeachFX because it’s one of the most powerful ways to improve student outcomes during COVID — especially for English Learners and students of color. Learn more about TeachFX and get a special offer at TeachFX.comJohn Catt
Today’s Transformative Principal sponsor, John Catt Educational, amplifies world-class voices on timeless topics, with a list of authors recognized globally for their fresh perspectives and proven strategies to drive success in modern schools and classrooms.
John Catt’s mission is to support high-quality teaching and learning by ensuring every educator has access to professional development materials that are research-based, practical, and focused on the key topics proven essential in today’s and tomorrow’s schools.
Learn more about professional development publications that are easy to implement for your entire faculty, and are both quickly digestible and rigorous, by visiting https://us.johncattbookshop.com/. Learn more about some of the newest titles:
- Michaela: The Power of Culture by Katharine Birbalsingh
- Teaching WalkThrus: Visual Step-by-Step Guides to Essential Teaching Techniques by Tom Sherrington and Oliver Caviglioli
- Putting Staff First: A blueprint for revitalising our schools by John Tomsett and Jonny Uttley
- The Teaching Delusion: Why Teaching In Our Schools Isn’t Good Enough (And How We Can Make It Better) by Bruce Robertson
- Stop Talking About Wellbeing: A pragmatic approach to teacher workload by Kat Howard
John Catt is also proud publisher of the new book from Transformative Principal host Jethro Jones: SchoolX: How principals can design a transformative school experience for students, teachers, parents – and themselves Visit this page to learn more about bulk orders and how to bring John Catt’s research-based materials to your school: https://us.johncattbookshop.com/pages/agents-and-distributors