Manage episode 347189922 series 1580389
As a marriage and family therapist, one of Nicole Zasowski’s greatest joys is helping her clients grow in emotional freedom. What she couldn’t see for many years is that she was living her own life outside of that freedom, clinging to behaviors like shame, performance, and control in order to feel valued and safe.
It was only when she was confronted with her own devastating pain and loss that Nicole realized her current way of life was failing her. She then discovered that sometimes God’s rescue looks like prying our fingers off what we think we want so that we can receive what we truly need. And often, on the far side of pain we don’t prefer, we find transformation we would not trade.
In From Lost to Found, Nicole shares her story as she helps us
- name what we fear losing most,
- identify how our reactive behaviors are failing us,
- discover what joy we can find in letting go, and
- move forward in the freedom God has for us.
God is writing a story of redemption in your life too. Find out for yourself that sometimes the greatest joy is found when we are drained of all misplaced hope and shallow identities. In the midst of pain or transition, discover a surprising path to healing as you lose your grip on comfort and control—and fall right into God’s transformative grace.Highlights:
- In our culture today, we often talk about feelings as if they are the truest part of ourselves... but they aren't
- We talk about behaviors like performance, control, and shame.
- We talk about what we do to protect ourselves from pain.