How Harley Finkelstein Went From Shopify's Earliest User to its President
Manage episode 347095677 series 2946303
This episode is also available on YouTube: youtu.be/eyGIORYpio4
Before Harley Finkelstein was President of Shopify, he was one of their first customers, selling t-shirts on a Shopify store sixteen years ago. In 2010, he joined the company as a "jack of all trades" and now serves as its president.
Today, Shopify as a platform is the second largest online retailer in the U.S., and Harley is once again a merchant selling on Shopify.
In this episode, Harley opens up to us to share his origin story, why ecommerce is an outdated term, what he's most proud of at Shopify, and where he thinks he could have done better.
- Free 30-day trial of Zipify OCU - To get an unadvertised gift, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the "Tech Nasty Bonus".
- Back up your store with Rewind
- Try Bold Product Upsell, free trial
- Privy: The Fastest Way To Grow Sales With Email & SMS
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave a review
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
What's Kurt up to?
- See our recent work at Ethercycle
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.