How an Iconic Flask Revived an 1890s Housewares Brand Online
Manage episode 352117527 series 2946303
Our guest today acquired a business, grew it from $90,000 in sales to $2 million, and created a category selling luxury flasks in the process.
We're joined by CEO of Jacob Bromwell, Sean Bandawat the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of luxury flasks and kitchenware, established in 1819.
GUEST BIO: Sean Bandawat is a second generation entrepreneur and real estate investor. Mr. Bandawat embarked on his business career by acquiring Jacob Bromwell®, an iconic home goods company nationally recognized as the oldest housewares manufacturer in the United States, founded in 1819. The revival of the Jacob Bromwell® brand began in college when he developed a business plan that set out to completely transform and revitalize the troubled company which was once a household name. His bold turnaround plan proved successful, and in 2020 Jacob Bromwell® was recognized by Shopify as being in the top 1% of its highest growth e-commerce retail stores. Additionally, since his acquisition, Jacob Bromwell® has received global media attention in nearly every major news publication, including Inc., The Wall Street Journal, GQ, Martha Stewart Living, Esquire, People, and more.
- jacobbromwell.com - Use code KURT
- Free 30-day trial of Zipify OCU - To get an unadvertised gift, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the "Tech Nasty Bonus".
- Venntov, makers of SEO Manager, Order Lookup, and ClockedIn
- Retention.com: Reclaim 5-10x Abandonment Revenue
- Loop Returns: Ecommerce Returns Management for Shopify
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave a review
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
What's Kurt up to?
- See our recent work at Ethercycle
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.