519: Use These Daily Hacks to Reduce Inflammation, Boost Energy & Live Longer | Dr. Molly Maloof
Manage episode 354042833 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/519drmollymaloof
Dr. Molly Maloof (IG: @drmolly.co) is passionate about extending healthspan through her medical practice, personal brand and entrepreneurial & educational endeavors. She is passionate about optimizing health through food, technology, and psychedelics.
Dr. Molly has been an educator since medical school and pioneered a course on healthspan for three years at Stanford University.
She is the Founder of Adamo Bioscience, a company that aims to reveal how the science of love can unlock the capacity for healing, connection, and creation within everyone.
Today we are discussing Dr. Molly’s new book, The Spark Factor: The Secret to Supercharging Energy, Becoming Resilient, and Feeling Better Than Ever.
Stick around for daily hacks to have more energy, decrease inflammation and optimize your health!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Mitochondria create your energy capacity
- Everyday toxins that damage mitochondrial function
- Understanding the different types of stress
- Hormetic stressors activate natural defense mechanisms
- How to deal with trauma in a healthy way
- What is narrative therapy?
- Key facets of optimizing mitochondrial function
- Optimize your health with gut testing
- How to determine the right probiotic for you
- Antibiotics can cause mitochondrial dysfunction
- Does your body tolerate fermented foods?
- Diet & lifestyle choices that compromise the microbiome
- Fasting is fantastic for your gut buddies
- How to become metabolically flexible
- Mitochondria have a role in autophagy
- Understanding fasting vs. post-meal blood sugar
- 3 simple hacks to help stabilize your blood sugar
- The could mean your blood sugar is spiking
- Dr. Molly's tips for biohacking your mitochondria
- Social connection is the biggest driver for long-term health
- How Dr. Molly recharges during stressful times
- Specific supplements to enhance your mitochondria
- Buy the best supplements you can afford
- The first step to start biohacking your life!
- Improve your health, improve your performance
- The benefits of building a strong network
- Keep an eye on your biomarkers as a way to manage stress
- Immune support recommendations
- How to make new friends
- Know when to let go of a toxic relationship
- Connection is the missing piece for optimal health
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth15 at checkout
Dr. Molly Maloof - The Spark Factor (book)
Follow Dr. Molly Maloof on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Christopher Palmer - Brain Energy (book)
Richard Schwartz - No Bad Parts (book)
BiOptimizers - Cognibiotics (save 10% by using the code ultimatehealth10 at checkout)
Seeking Health - ProBiota HistaminX
Oura Ring <== Buy the Oura Ring Generation 3 and get 6 free months of Oura membership
How to Heal Your Body & Mind This Year | Dr. Nicole LePera (#509)
Stop Pushing Your Trauma Down & How You Can Start Healing From It Today | Dr. Paul Conti (#501)
This Is Why You’re Unhealthy & How to Fix It! | Dr. Casey Means (#479)
A New Take On the Keto Diet With More Benefits & No Deprivation | Dr. Steven Gundry (#461)
378: Marta Zaraska – Growing Young Through Friendship, Optimism & Kindness
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app (FREE). This way you’ll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.