20VC: Marc Benioff on The Future of San Francisco and What He Would Do if in Charge? Marc Benioff's Five Step Process to Priorities and Why Money Does Not Make You Happy & Work From Home vs In-Person; How to Manage in Changing Worlds
Manage episode 377866354 series 73567
Marc Benioff is Chair, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Salesforce and a pioneer of cloud computing. Under Benioff's leadership, Salesforce is the #1 provider of CRM software globally and one of the world's fastest-growing enterprise software companies. Benioff founded Salesforce in 1999, and it is now a Fortune 150 company with 70,000+ employees. Benioff is the owner and co-chair of TIME, and the founder of TIME Ventures. Benioff is the author of the New York Times bestseller Trailblazer: The Power of Business as the Greatest Platform for Change. Benioff was named “Innovator of the Decade” by Forbes and is recognized as one of the World’s 25 Greatest Leaders by Fortune.
In Today's Episode with Marc Benioff We Discuss:
1. The Future of San Francisco:
- What would Marc do if he were in charge of San Francisco today?
- What would he change with regards to housing, policing and crime?
- Why does Marc believe there are doomsday proclaimers on SF? What do they have to gain?
- Will Dreamforce always be held in San Francisco?
2. Money and Ambition: The Mind Behind a $200BN Machine
- Does Marc believe that money makes you happy?
- How has Marc's relationship to money changed over time?
- How does Marc think about bringing children up in a more affluent home?
- What does Marc advise anyone who is seeking "happiness" today?
3. Mastering Decisions and Prioritisation:
- How does Marc assess his own decision-making framework today? Has it changed with time?
- What is Marc's 5 step process to understand your own priorities today?
- What does Marc believe are the three biggest priorities for Salesforce today?
- What are the single biggest blockers that would prevent Salesforce from achieving their goals?
4. Marc Benioff: AMA:
- What does great fatherhood mean to Marc?
- Who would win the cage fight, Zuck or Elon?
- What does a day in the life of Marc Benioff look like?
- What does Marc think about work from home?