Manage episode 302991803 series 1622510
Another great episode with the entire band -- Kito, Daniel, Ian, and Josh. They discuss COVID as the new normal, NetBeans, Kotlin, IntelliJ, PrimeBlocks, Java 17 (including Spring’s announcement), Docker requiring subscriptions, and other stuff, too.COVID-19 Virus
- The new normal? What does that look like for work going forward?
- NetBeans 12.5 on Beta 3 https://github.com/apache/netbeans/milestone/13?closed=1
- What's New in IntelliJ IDEA - 2021.2 Hell yeah!
- Spring is going JDK 17 full-force, dragging JDK 8 devs kicking and screaming into the future!
- Kotlin 1.5.30:
- Docker Desktop Now Requires Paid Subscription
- https://typelevel.org - Let the Scala compiler work for you. We provide type classes, instances, conversions, testing, supplements to the standard library, and much more.
- https://typelevel.org/projects/ - List of projects
- https://fs2.io - Function Streams
- TestContainers - Runs Docker containers from within Java (JUnit) integration tests
- Reliably - Declare your service level objective (SLOs) as Code
- Venkat - Java magazine - Java 8 features
- Airhacks.fm interview with Cagatay Civici
- Talking Kotlin: https://talkingkotlin.com/ (Josh)
- FooJay https://foojay.io/ (Josh)
- Randomness IntelliJ Plugin (Danno)
- Xcode 13 Beta 5 (Ian)
- Eclipse Con Oct 25 - 28, 2021, virtual
- Uberconf Oct 5-8, 2021, Denver, CO, US or virtual
- JakartaOne LiveStream 2021 - Dec 7th, 2021 in US
- W-JAX Nov 8 – 12, 2021, Munich, Germany or virtual
- Progressive Web Experience Dec 5-8, 2021, Clearwater, FL, USA or virtual
- Jconf.dev Dec 8-10, 2021, Chicago, IL, USA or virtual
- Archconf Dec 13-16jconf.dev Conference, 2021 - Clearwater, FL, USA or virtual
- CodeMash Jan 11-14, 2022 - Sandusky, OH