Manage episode 303948424 series 164106
There’s a gap between what you want to tell your potential customers or audience and what they need to hear. Tamsen Webster is here to talk about bridging that gap or finding the Red Thread that makes your ideas irresistible. Tamsen is a keynote speaker and message strategist with 20 years in marketing, 13 years as a Weight Watchers leader, and four years as a TEDx Executive Producer. Her combined experience and focus have led her to become an expert at finding and building stories that customers will tell themselves and others.
She’s the author of Find Your Red Thread: Make Your Big Ideas Irresistible, a book about finding your Red Thread or throughline that connects your idea to the heart of your audience. It’s about the link between your customer’s problem and your actionable solution. We have a brilliant conversation about how this method can help all of us frame our business ideas in a way that customers and our audiences will understand and embrace.
If you’re ready to build a message that resonates with your audience, buckle up and learn how to overcome resistance, supply them with a better message than they are telling themselves, and have your ideas become the answer to their question and problem. We talk about changing behavior by changing perception, the function of true statements, and giving your audience options to choose and feel good about that choice.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com
Tamsen Webster thank you so much for being here!
Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself.
Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world.
Guest Contact –
- Tamsen Webster
- Get your Conversational Case Worksheet
- Find Your Red Thread: Make Your Big Ideas Irresistible
- Tamsen Webster Twitter
- Tamsen Webster LinkedIn
- Tamsen Webster YouTube
- Tamsen Webster Instagram
- Tamsen Webster Facebook
- De Beers - A Diamond is Forever Slogan
Contact Jeffrey –
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Valuable complimentary resources to help you-
- The Self-Employed Business Institute- You know you're really good at what you do. You're talented, you have a skill set. The problem is you're probably in a field where there is no business education. This is common amongst self-employed people! And, there's no business education out there for us! You also know that being self-employed is unique and you need better strategies, coaching, support, and accountability. The Self-Employed Business Institute, a five-month online education is exactly what you need. Check it out!
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.