720: Pamela Slim - The Widest Net: Strategies to Expand Your Impact and Create More Meaning for Your Customers
Manage episode 302836310 series 164106
Pamela Slim is here to talk about her new book, The Widest Net. This is such a timely episode because it’s all about a step-by-step method for finding customers and building a genuinely thriving business. These steps will allow you to discover untapped markets and new customers that you may have missed. Pam is also the author of Body of Work and Escape from Cubicle Nation, which was named Best Small Business and Entrepreneur book of 2009 from 800 CEO Read.
She is a community builder, consultant, and former corporate director of training at Barclays Global Investors. She has created and delivered training programs for large-scale companies and has advised thousands of entrepreneurs and small businesses. In 2016, Pamela and her husband launched the Main Street Learning Lab in Mesa, Arizona. This is a small business incubator and community-based leadership development lab.
We talk about tiny steps you can take to expand your network and make connections. We discuss some of the actionable linear steps laid out in Pamela’s new book and turn the concept of solving a problem or pain point on its head. There is an excitement to helping people. We can also widen our net by partnering with complementary businesses and finding other people to help our clients along the way. These are PB&J partnerships. We also dive into the cultural shift of longer-term thinking and how removing the sense of urgency can bring peace.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com
Pamela Slim thank you so much for being here!
Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself.
Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world.
Guest Contact –
- Pamela Slim
- The Widest Net: Unlock Untapped Markets and Discover New Customers Right in Front of You
- Body of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together
- Escape From Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur
- Pamela Slim LinkedIn
- Pamela Slim Twitter
Contact Jeffrey –
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Valuable complimentary resources to help you-
- The Self-Employed Business Institute- You know you're really good at what you do. You're talented, you have a skill set. The problem is you're probably in a field where there is no business education. This is common amongst self-employed people! And, there's no business education out there for us! You also know that being self-employed is unique and you need better strategies, coaching, support, and accountability. The Self-Employed Business Institute, a five-month online education is exactly what you need. Check it out!
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.