Manage episode 331547448 series 1486352
This week on The SCALEit Method®, Allison talks with Evan Carmichael about what it takes to start a successful YouTube channel. Evan also discusses where he struggled with early on in his career, and why he needed to align his own views and goals with his company.
Evan’s mission in life is to unlock as many people as he can to help find the thing you can be the best in the world at and use it to have a major impact on the planet.
- Evan’s struggles working at a software startup at the age of 19
- Making the tough decision to quit his first company
- Why it’s so important to have a coach or a mentor
- Aligning yourself with your mission statement
- The one thing holding most people back from achieving success
- Why following your passion and making money don’t have to be separate
- Everyone is going to suck at the beginning
- Put the education in front of the sale
- Two tips to scale your YouTube channel
Evan Carmichael is an entrepreneurial coach, author, speaker, and venture capitalist. At 19, built and sold a biotech software company, after he sold this business, he started doing speaking gigs around the world. At 22, he became a venture capitalist, raising $500k to $15M.
Evan started a YouTube channel in 2008. His channel covers content intended for entrepreneurs and for people who want to start their own business. In his first full year of his first video being up, only three people left a comment (two of them were family members), now he has over 3.46 million subscribers, and over 500 million total views.
Mentioned in the Episode:
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/evancarmichael/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/EvanCarmichaelcom/
PINNACLE GLOBAL NETWORK
If you’re a CEO or Founder and you're ready to build a scalable company that can thrive without you, join Allison for a FREE masterclass to learn the 5 Critical Phases You MUST Know in order to scale to 8-Figures and beyond. Head over to https://www.scalemasterclass.com/podcast to secure your seat today.