Where real entrepreneurs pitch to real investors—for real money. The Pitch takes you behind closed doors and into the world of startups: how people sell their ideas, what makes investors tick, and how these initial conversations can bloom into business deals—or die on the vine. Hosted by Josh Muccio.
Manage episode 331891741 series 30632
By Wes Schaeffer. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Lessons from billionaires
- They all have a process
- They have a startup they bootstrapped
- They threw themselves into their businesses for 12+ hours/day for 2-7 years
- Focused on customer acquisition
- Followed "The E-Myth"
- They saw themselves as the entrepreneur from the beginning
- They are visionaries
- Their explicit goals were to build a business so valuable they could sell it
- They do three things
- Does something better, faster, cheaper than the competition
- Makes people feel better, easier to use, less frustration
- Quicker ROI
- Earning more than they spent
Related episodes and posts
- They sell once they build a solid business
- Transition into being a meta-entrepreneur
- Now they buy and run multiple businesses in the same space and has one acquire the other
- Buy a business run by an owner/CEO who runs it like they are an employee
- They are excited, fast talkers
- They are not doing things that keep them stuck
- They are not answering customer support emails
- They are not filling out paperwork
- They are not tweaking the logo
- Legacy, emotional value
- About 85-90% of us "have a book in us"
- Gain "first-author advantage"
- Become the expert, the authority, the expert
- Mail an autographed copy of your book to your ideal prospects
- People have good attention spans for good content
- Books that get finished can become best-sellers
- Create flow
- Get the headline right
- Open the loop, open another, open another, close the most recent, then the second, then the opening loop
- Be leery of tactical advice...it loses context
- Functional, emotional, economic
- Get 100% clear on your promise of value
- Make a bold claim
- Overwhelm readers with functional value despite making a big claim
- Cultivate the feeling of overwhelm in the reader
- Offer them a CTA to learn more or get additional support or hire us
- Existing customers are much more likely to buy from you than a new prospect
- When they buy your book they have self-identified as someone who invests in their own growth
- Make four offers from low to high
- Course, masterclass, guide, community
- Coaching, consulting so you can engage with my team
- Done for you
- "Become Immune to Manipulation," by Noah Revoy
- Dr. Philip Ovadia, "Stay Off My Operating Table"