Manage episode 298328181 series 61117
This podcast episode is going to be slightly different. We recently surpassed 10 million downloads for The Productivity Show so we thought it would be fun to give you a look behind the scenes of what it takes to run a successful podcast. We’ll share what technology, gear, and workflows we use to produce our podcast. Plus tips and numbers to help you start your own podcast. Even if you have no intention of starting a podcast, as a TPS listeners and Asian Efficiency follower, you’ll still get lots of behind-the-scenes stories that we’d otherwise never bring up. I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks to Gusto for supporting The Productivity Show. Get three months free when you run your first payroll at gusto.com/tps.
Thanks as well to Faherty. Get 20% off ALL your summer clothes now by going to fahertybrand.com with promo code TPS at checkout.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/362.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Top 3 productivity resources for this week. [3:01]
- How did Thanh get the idea to put the podcast together? [8:13]
- What sort of gear does TPS use when producing the show? [12:35]
- What is the trickiest thing about professional microphones? [16:51]
- What are some great tools to get podcasts recorded? [18:45]
- Why does Thanh have an editor work on his episodes? [20:11]
- What is the first thing that goes into the workflow of a TPS episode? [27:00]
- What is TPS’s up-front rule for creating podcasts? [28:58]
- What productivity tip does Brooks give all the time? [31:53]
- How important is consistency when producing TPS? [33:19]
- How does TPS approach programming guests? [36:18]
- Where can TPS stand to improve the most? [37:19]
- What are Thanh’s thoughts on navigating the world of sponsors? [41:31]
- How does Brooks feel the importance of labor costs differs between a professional and a leisure podcast? [45:26]
- Heil PR-40
- Scarlett FocusRite 2i2
- AudioTechnica ATR2100
- AudioHijack (Mac)
- Ferrite (iPad)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.