Manage episode 337883742 series 2903113
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift. That is why they call it the present.”
In this episode you will hear:
- The strategies Sophie, Jade and Ashley learnt during their treatment from celebrating every milestone to taking small and manageable steps.
- The importance of a support network.
- That sometimes it helps to talk to someone who is not in your inner family/friends circle.
- How having a positive mental attitude in life may take you a long time to learn but if you can embrace it early on then it is life changing.
- How it can be very tricky to accept help but it is so worth it when you do.
- Why Jade no longer uses the word 'should.'
- How Ashley learnt to cope with having his independence taken away and now has such a positive outlook.
- The lesson of not comparing yourself to anyone else, even yourself.
A HUGE thank you to Sophie, Jade and Ashley- it really was an honour to speak to them and we hope anyone listening, no matter what they are going through, will be able to challenge themselves to really live in the moment as much as possible.