Manage episode 318584169 series 60566
The human body wasn’t designed to commute an hour to work, spend the day hunched over a computer, and then sit on the couch for the rest of the evening. Our bodies crave basic, fundamental movements that our modern lifestyle leaves so many of us lacking. Luckily, there are simple ways we can integrate movement into our day-to-day lives and improve our physical health without spending hours at the gym.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, movement coach and podcaster Aaron Alexander is back to share key insights from his new book, The Align Method. You’re going to hear about realistic, foundational principles you can use to gain strength, flexibility, and overall vitality. Aaron’s tips include everything from changing your posture and environment to practicing gratitude and getting sunlight.
If you’ve ever wanted a stronger and more functional body, this episode will resonate with you. And no matter what your current physical state is, you can certainly integrate more movement into your life with Aaron’s principles. So listen in and enjoy this episode with Aaron Alexander!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What island feet are.
- The electrical properties of the human body.
- What percentage of our communication that comes from our body language.
- Why you should audit your environment.
- Ways to create an environment that is conducive to movement.
- What neuroception is.
- The types of messages we send with our posture.
- How to integrate fitness into your everyday life.
- What the facial-feedback hypothesis is.
- Why we should think of our bodies as whole, integrated units.
- The way that your posture can affect your mindset.
- How our diet can impact the way we move.
- The first thing you should do in the morning.
- What it means to create a healthy relationship with the sun.
- How practicing gratitude impacts your physiology.
- The importance of connecting with nature.
- Why enjoyment is the key to longevity.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack—just pay shipping!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Sound Medicine with Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary – Episode 404
- Vitamin D Masterclass – Episode 476
- TED Talk: Your Body Language May Shape Who You Are by Amy Cuddy
- The Align Method Book by Aaron Alexander
- Connect with Aaron Alexander Website / Podcast / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:*Download Transcript