Manage episode 364138146 series 3296173
It was an insane few weeks for Disney News. On this show we cover every big announcement and out thoughts on all of it.
Dining Plan returning and our guesses as to how much it will cost
Star Cruiser closing
Imagineering not moving to Lake Nona
Here are the show notes:
- Live action Little mermaid meet and greet coming May 26! In HS at walt disney presents theater
- Pixar area is open. It looks really cool also in HS
- the lake Nona imagineering campus and move has been canceled. Politics aside this is not great for World. Even though we make all the money and pay the bills we are treated like the red headed step child.
- the star cruiser is closing permanently October 1!
- 2024 packages open May 31. This is earlier than last year by about a week. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/05/disney-dining-plans-returning-exciting-park-reservation-updates-and-more-at-walt-disney-world/
- Early entry and late night for deluxe are staying
- If you purchase tickets in a package you no longer have to make theme park reservations!
- 2 new ticket options for summer, one for everyone and one for florida residents
- 4 ParkMagic ticket
- Florida Summer Magic https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/05/new-summer-ticket-offers-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/
- The dining plan is coming back!
- Only 2 tiers are coming back, quick service and standard disney dining
- Each of the plans comes with the refillable mug
- The quick service is 2 quick service meals a day plus one snack and an alcoholic or specialty non alcoholic drink with each meal.
- The standard of what they call the DIsney Dining Plan(DDP) is one quick service and one sit down meal and a snack per person per day as well as the alcoholic or non alcoholic drink with each meal.
- Let’s have some fun: what do you think the cost will be once it comes back?
- In early 2020, the last time we had it Quick service, was $55 for adults and $26 for kids with tax
- DDP $78.01 for adults and $30.51 for kids with tax
To give context a character meal was averaging $58 for lunch and dinner for adults and $35 for kids with tax so $55 and $32 in 2020. Now it’s $60 + tax for adults and $38 for kids tax is 6.5% so $63.9 and $40.47
Quick service meals probably averaged $14-$15
Alcohol around $9-$14 depending on the type of drink.
- quick service $60 because you get 1 less snack $30
- DDP $80 again because you get 1 less snack kids $35
- Quick service $70 adult $35 child
- DDP $93 $40
Find us at themickeymomsshow.com
Thank you to our sponsors:
Sunburst Trout Farm. This 3rd generation trout farm located in picturesque Haywood County NC grows and processes rainbow trout fillets, caviar, smoked trout, and more! Find them at sunbursttrout.com
If you need help planning a Disney or Universal vacation you can reach out to, Anna Eason, and she would love to help plan a magical vacation: email@example.com.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok @themickeymomsshow