Here’s how the wealthy think differently from the average Australian, with Mark Creedon | Build a Business not a Job
Manage episode 301813969 series 1537109
Why have you been so successful in reaching some of your goals, but not others?
It turns out that even brilliant, highly accomplished people are pretty lousy when it comes to understanding why they succeed or fail.
It’s not as simple as you are predisposed to success because you were born with certain talents or lacking in others.
That’s just one small piece of the puzzle, so today we’re going to discuss nine surprising things that successful people do differently from the average person in this month’s Build a Business Not a Job podcast with Mark Creedon.
Three Categories of Thought
The question of how the wealthy think was discussed in our private Facebook Group for Business Accelerator Mastermind.
This opened up some great discussions amongst our tribe that we want to share in today’s podcast.
There are nine thoughts we’re going to discuss, and they fall into three categories.
- What is their internal process – how are they thinking?
- What is their focus?
- What are they doing?
- How successful people think
- They see themselves as the creator of their wealth – the creator of the circumstances. They take responsibility for their lives
- They are committed to the process of wealth creation – Not just interested, but continuously thinking about how their actions might produce or erode wealth. They’re constantly doing the work.
- They think big – They think what if it were possible, how could we do it, instead of assuming things aren’t possible.
- What Successful people focus on
- They manage themselves first – Their mindset, their behaviours, their attitude, their actions, their growth.
- They are value-driven – The wealthy understand we are living in a value exchange economy – they don’t focus on price or cost; they focus on adding value to others
- They are net worth focused. They are focused on building a portfolio of assets – Real Estate, shares, a business that will deliver multiple income streams – a money machine that allows them to live their life without putting a lot of effort in.
- What Successful people are doing?
- They play to win - While the average Australian plays not to lose, the wealthy are playing to win
- They are in a constant state of self-growth - they are constantly trying to grow, improve, have a bigger impact.
- They run in successful circles – You should surround yourself with people that will hold you to a higher standard and help you get to the next level.
Links and Resources:
Why not join Metropole’s Business Accelerator Mastermind
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Get a heap of special reports and eBooks here- www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“The benefit of a Mastermind team is you come up with a lot more.” – Michael Yardney
“What you’re committed to will rise to the top when you look at those actions, and what you’re just interested in maybe you’re not going to have achieved.” – Michael Yardney
“There’s that third group of people who are what we say on the green line, where they’re actually taking advantage of this uncertainty period to set themselves up for when we get through all this.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how.