Manage episode 336476338 series 1276080
I’ve been tracking Dr. Dan Engle for almost five years. In today’s episode, we finally sit down to delve into his deep knowledge on alternative medicine and incredibly vast experience (350+ journeys!) with ayahuasca and other psychoactive substances.
In particular, this one focuses on therapeutic use of MDMA to treat PTSD, depression, and other serious issues that are on the rise in our society. Dr. Dan is in the know, speaking from incredible experience in both the traditional medical field and in lineage traditions. He even spent a year completely immersed in the jungle, living and learning, as he describes, married to the medicine.
I truly believe that these kinds of treatments, administered by experts, and offered within a support structure to ensure long term efficacy – can save the world. Dr. Engle is on the cutting edge of that global change in consciousness and I’m excited to see what he gets into next.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this podcast is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute the practice of medicine or other professional health care services, including the giving of medical advice. The content of this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical recommendation, diagnosis, or treatment. The use of information in this podcast is at one’s own discretion, and is not an endorsement of use given the complexity inherent in these medicines, and the current variable widespread illegality of their usage.
00:06:33 — Transpersonal Psychology to Transformational Medicine
- What is integrative psychiatry?
- Dr. Engle tells of when he broke his neck
- Living and journeying in the jungle for a year
- Being a bridge between lineage traditions and modern medicine
- Science Delusion by Rupert Sheldrake
- Rupert Sheldrake’s banned TEDx talk (2013)
- Graham Hancock’s banned TEDx talk (2013)
00:26:32 — Historical Markers in Spirituality & Healing
- Rick Strassman’s work with DMT
- MAPS studies of MDMA
- Iboga addiction recovery
- Bill Wilson’s inspiration for AA
- Dr. Engle’s experience with iboga and ibogaine
00:51:23 — MDMA as a Treatment for Trauma
- Looking at the molecule itself
- Trauma recovery in the psyche
- A Dose of Hope by Dr. Dan Engle and Alex Young
- MDMA treatments vs. recreational use
- Where are we with legality?
- Improving accessibility with Thank You Life
- Rick Doblin, Viktor Frankl, and Joanna Macy
- Total Freedom: The Essential Krishnamurti by Jiddu Krishnamurti
More about this episode.
Watch on YouTube.
THIS SHOW IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
HIGHER DOSE. Experience the powerful benefits of infrared with HigherDOSE’s portable Infrared Sauna Blanket, and feel the difference after just one session. Infrared increases blood flow for faster recovery, better sleep, and a calmer central nervous system. Plus, it naturally releases a DOSE of happy chemicals in the brain leaving you feeling euphoric! Get your own Infrared Sauna Blanket or PEMF Mat at higherdose.com today with the code: LUKE15 at check out to save 15% off.
ORGANIFI. Start your day with essential superfoods that help reduce stress and reset your morning. Contains a clinical dose of Ashwagandha. It supports healthy cortisol levels which aid in weight management. Go to organifi.com/lifestylistand use code “lifestylist” for 20% off any item in the store.
MAGNESIUM BREAKTHROUGH. According to the American Psychological Association, chronic stress is linked to the six leading causes of death. When most people think of stress, they think of their job, traffic, tense relationships, current events, things like that. But the root of so much of the stress we experience comes down to a deficiency in one overlooked nutrient — magnesium. So, if you're ready to help your body deal with stress, instead of putting a band-aid on it after the fact, you’re going to want some Magnesium Breakthrough. You can use the code “luke10” for 10% off at www.magbreakthrough.com/luke.
CACAO BLISS. Back in the day, I used to have to take about 50 ingredients to make an elixir or a smoothie. I had to mix them together, make a big mess, and it took up a bunch of space in the cabinet. But Cacao Bliss has changed the game. Now I have amazing ceremony-grade organic ingredients like raw cacao, turmeric, black pepper, MCT powder, cinnamon, monk fruit, coconut nectar, lucuma, mesquite, and Himalayan Salt all in one. So this is the ultimate superfood elixir, but it really tastes like chocolate milk. It's just absolutely fantastic. Try it yourself by using code "LUKE15" for 15% off at earthechofoods.com/lukestorey.
- Check out Dr. Dan's wellness center: Kuya – Guiding you home to wholeness
- Website: drdanengle.com
- Instagram: @drdanengle
- Read: Full Spectrum Medicine
- Read: The Concussion Repair Manual
- Are you ready to block harmful blue light, and look great at the same time? Check out Gilded By Luke Storey. Where fashion meets function: gildedbylukestorey.com
- Join me on Telegram for the uncensored content big tech won’t allow me to post. It’s free speech and free content: www.lukestorey.com/telegram