Manage episode 305360218 series 2937147
Amy Taylor is an award-winning filmmaker and the owner of Ahimsa Films and Chris Huriwai is a vegan advocate, a world champion unicyclist and an extreme sportsman. Together they make up part of the phenomenal team behind the new documentary Milked, a feature documentary that exposes the whitewash of New Zealand’s multi-billion dollar dairy industry.
This Documentary follows Chris’s journey around Aotearoa, as he discovers the reality of the kiwi dairy farming fairy-tale and offers up potential solutions for a different way forward - one that would benefit animals, humans and the planet.
In this episode we discuss:
• Amy and Chris’s respective backgrounds and how they found themselves working together on this project
• Other members of the ‘dream team’ involved in the making of Milked; Peter Eastwood, Suzy Amis Cameron and Keegan Kuhn
• The explosion of Aotearoa’s dairy industry, the huge environmental impact of current farming practices and the political and economic strength of the industry
• The inspiration behind Milked, the filming process and the challenges of shooting on a shoe-string budget
• The unfortunate hesitancy of the dairy industry to participate in the documentary
• The key messages Amy and Chris want viewers to walk away with, after watching the film
• The potential alternatives New Zealand can transition to
• The relevance of this documentary to other countries outside of New Zealand
• The Milked premiere on 6th November and other upcoming viewing options
• And a lot more!
To view all the links to the websites and documents, make sure you visit the show notes on our website. Don't forget to subscribe to this podcast, leave us a review and share this episode with your friends and family.
Please support our work and enable us to deliver more content by buying us a coffee.