345. Processes and Procedures for Successful Recruiting and Staffing with Jaclyn Foster
Manage episode 348944045 series 169976
Today my guest is Jaclyn Foster. She is the owner and head of something Del.Trust Legal Recruiting and Staffing. They provide a complete staffing solution ranging from virtual paralegal support to actual recruiting for full-time legal positions at your firm. I talk to Jaclyn about how she arrived at this approach to staffing for law firms and why she focused on law firms as opposed to other businesses. Our conversation is insightful and, hopefully, there's a solution there that you might find useful to meet the challenges that you have in your solo or small firm practice.
In this episode, Neil and Jaclyn discuss:
- How Jaclyn started Del.Trust, her legal recruiting and staffing firm.
- Launching her firm at the start of the pandemic as firms go more virtual.
- Assessing your business processes critically.
- Getting to the root of why you are hiring who you are hiring and for what role.
- One of the biggest challenges a lot of law firms face is staffing, especially when they are growing or have a larger-than-normal caseload.
- The processes you have in your law firm will dictate what assistance you can get from your staff and outside help.
- Having one person who wears all hats is truly the biggest profit killer. You don’t need your highly-skilled, senior paralegal doing entry-level admin work.
- If you know you need help but can’t put a number of hours or tasks on it, slow down and figure out exactly what it is that you need as that will help you understand the associated costs.
"Processes give you the answer to a lot of the business questions you have." — Jaclyn Foster
Get in touch with Jaclyn Foster:
Schedule a discovery call with Jaclyn here: https://del-trust.com/tle
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist - Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time - to learn more, go to http://ruby.com/ or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO - Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won't confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.