Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 27, 2022 22:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 288000348 series 2804543
The phrase "your baby is in distress" can change the course of your baby's birth... and your experience of becoming mama.
This topic is a request from a second time mama, ready to have her second baby but still holding the memory of her first birth.
Remember, we want you to birth the first time like its your second. What does this mean? This means that we get educated! We know second time mamas will listen to this and we invite all first time mamas to do the same. We are here for support and to help with your questions on our socials.
In this episode we cover:
- (3:30) The general pattern for first and subsequent births
- (5:33) Doppler monitoring
- (6:09) CTG monitoring
- (7:56) Syntocinon infusion and its impact it can have on a baby and what we need to do
- (10:15) How fetal scalp electrode and fetal venous blood sampling can be used to determine you baby's wellbeing
- (18:57) How we can help prevent the "lights and siren" emergency
- (21:08) Making decisions when there is a degree of uncertainty
- (27:17) Mindset around intervention and how education helps
Why did we start this podcast? Well we think there is a barrier for women to get EXPERT pregnancy info that is practical, relatable and easy to understand.
Dr Pat has helped 1000s of women have their babies and through this we know that this kind of information given to a woman at the right time can totally change her experience of pregnancy and birth.
We invite you to check out our free pregnancy quiz at www.growmybaby.com.au
- Ask a question on the podcast: Send a voice message to GrowMyBaby
- Join the Grow My Baby Program
- Get our tips for a CALM + CONFIDENT pregnancy
- Just pregnant? Download our checklist to take to your first appointment.
- Join the waitlist for our Pregnancy and Birth Course
- Website: https://www.growmybaby.com.au/