Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 27, 2022 22:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 274179912 series 2804543
Issues with your thyroid are common in the baby-making years. In Australia about 2-3% of pregnant women are hypo or hyperthyroid. Then there is post-partum thyroditis. This is something that happens to 1 in 20 women after their baby is born. This needs careful assessment because the signs and symptoms can be dismissed as 'just part of having a newborn' or it can look like postnatal depression.
In this podcast we talk about:
- What the thyroid gland does in our body
- What is hypo and hyperthyroidism
- The special plans you have to make in pre-pregnancy
- What changes during your pregnancy if you have problems with your thyroid
- What medication you can take during your pregnancy
- What is post-partum thyroiditis
Want to have Dr Pat and Brigid guide you through your pregnancy? Join our expert led pregnancy program at www.growmybaby.com.au
Why did we start this podcast? Well we think there is a barrier for women to get EXPERT pregnancy info that is practical, relatable and easy to understand.
Dr Pat has helped 1000s of women have their babies and through this we know that this kind of information given to a woman at the right time can totally change her experience of pregnancy and birth.
We invite you to be our part of our family over on Instagram @grow_my_baby
- Ask a question on the podcast: Send a voice message to GrowMyBaby
- Join the Grow My Baby Program
- Get our tips for a CALM + CONFIDENT pregnancy
- Just pregnant? Download our checklist to take to your first appointment.
- Join the waitlist for our Pregnancy and Birth Course
- Website: https://www.growmybaby.com.au/