Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 27, 2022 22:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 274179916 series 2804543
One of the things we are measuring when you have an ultrasound during pregnancy is the length of your cervix. We want it to be long and strong right up until late pregnancy and ideally past 37 weeks.
For some women, their cervix is found to be shortened or insufficient and they need surveillance and sometimes treatment to make sure their cervix doesn't open and trigger early labour.
In this ep we talk about:
- How the ultrasound test is done
- What happens if your cervix is shortening
- What can be done to stop early labour
- What can be done to help prevent an insufficient cervix for your next pregnancy
- How common is insufficient cervix
Why did we start this podcast? Well we think there is a barrier for women to get EXPERT pregnancy info that is practical, relatable and easy to understand.
Dr Pat has helped 1000s of women have their babies and through this we know that this kind of information given to a woman at the right time can totally change her experience of pregnancy and birth.
- Ask a question on the podcast: Send a voice message to GrowMyBaby
- Join the Grow My Baby Program
- Get our tips for a CALM + CONFIDENT pregnancy
- Just pregnant? Download our checklist to take to your first appointment.
- Join the waitlist for our Pregnancy and Birth Course
- Website: https://www.growmybaby.com.au/