Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 27, 2022 22:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 274179938 series 2804543
Baby movements is your baby’s way of telling you all is well. A healthy baby should move. Imagine if you were really sick, you would still move around the bed and get up several times a day to go the toilet. If you lay in bed for many hours, not moving at all, you would probably be dreadfully ill.
A baby that’s doing nothing is not normal.
And why are we so insistent about baby movements? If we look at unexpected stillbirths in the third trimester, an alarming number of those stillbirths are preceded by a couple of days of decreased or absent fetal movements.
Your main defence against this is to be focused, from about 28 weeks, on YOUR baby’s pattern of movement.
This podcast covers:
- How picking your baby’s pattern of movement is important
- Why we moved away from ‘kick charts’
- Why going to sleep on absent fetal movements is not a strategy
- What to do if you think you have reduced or absent fetal movements
- Why a baby ‘slowing’ down at term is not a sign you are going into labour.
We’d love to hear your biggest takeaways from this ep, put them in your Instagram Stories and tag @grow_my_baby to share with us and others.
And if you haven’t yet subscribed, hit the subscribe button now and thanks so much for your support.
All show notes can be found at www.growmybaby.com.au/podcast
- Ask a question on the podcast: Send a voice message to GrowMyBaby
- Join the Grow My Baby Program
- Get our tips for a CALM + CONFIDENT pregnancy
- Just pregnant? Download our checklist to take to your first appointment.
- Join the waitlist for our Pregnancy and Birth Course
- Website: https://www.growmybaby.com.au/